Saturday

I have a lover

Song fic based on the song ‘I have a lover’ by Lee Eun Mi.
[four]
Title: I have a lover
Character(s): Choi Si Won (Super Junior) & Kim Ye Lin
Summary: Do you know that I also have a great lover? That person is you.


English translation by elobuiee @ naver
community.livejournal.com/goongs/44283.html

You ask me, ‘are you still alone?”
And I just laughed
I am loving someone, I have someone to love


She mindlessly fidgeted with the empty porcelain cup on the table, staring into space. In the background a soothing song was played by the hired pianist. The ambience was relaxing and there were not many customers around in the café. Why would a girl look so troubled?


Siwon curbed the urge to reach out for her hand and gulped down the last bit of cappuccino. Kim Yelin, his best friend, was consulting him for love advice. He was reluctant initially, for he was afraid that he would recommend her to break up with her current boyfriend. It wasn’t something a counselor should do.


Nevertheless he went, as promised over the phone, to listen to her rants and watch her cry over a jerk.


He hated seeing her tears, they had never flattered her. He always thought Yelin looked way more beautiful with her bright smile. She was born a happy person, one who laughed at any joke and never felt embarrassed cachinnating in the public. Her random actions often amused him and her straightforwardness only served to add on to the charm. She was supposed to stay cheerful, or to become more jubilant, not to feel insecure and doubtful of herself. Had he known that the man would hurt her, he wouldn’t have given her up.


“Are you still alone?” Yelin decided to change the subject to himself, which left him speechless.


He gave a small chuckle as reply. No, he’s not alone. He was loving someone, only that the someone probably did not know.


You seem to worry about me,
Telling me there is someone
That you would like me to see

“Hyeyeon, this is Choi Siwon, the best pal in my lifetime. Siwon, this is Han Hyeyeon, my colleague in the company I’m doing attachment with,” Yelin did the most traditional introduction, proud of herself as the matchmaker.


“Hello.” Siwon nodded his head slightly out of courtesy, still bewildered over why he was to have a lunch date with someone whom he had not even met before.


“Hi.” The other girl responded with a light wave and cute smile. She was quite pretty with big eyes and fair skin, the type most guys would go for. However, she was not exactly Siwon’s cup of tea. He preferred someone more easy-going, someone who became aggressive when it came to competing for the things she liked, someone who might be mistaken as being on drugs when she got into one of her usual hyper moods. He was very clear who he wanted. It was the girl sitting next to him, not Hyeyeon.


The lunch was terribly awkward for him. He had to maintain his image of gentleman but he was feeling so awful that he had to excuse himself to the washroom several times. Why was Yelin doing that to him? Why couldn’t she understand, that someone new wasn’t what he wished for?


Hyeyeon seemed to detect the discomfort in him and was quick to leave by saying that she had some other matters to attend to. Siwon was relieved but Yelin was displeased with her buddy’s actions.


“Am I failing as a matchmaker? I’m only trying to get you a girlfriend Siwonnie, it feels really good to be in love, you know?” The girl stared into his eyes and told him the hurtful words.


“Do you know that I…” Siwon started, only to swallow the remaining words, and then decided to keep quiet.


Do you know that
I do also have a great lover?
Someone that I cherish so much that I had to hide
That someone, only I can see her
She’s only visible to me eyes
I will keep her locked in my lips forever


Siwon smiled faintly as Yelin excitedly showed him the neoprints she took with her boyfriend recently.


“Tell me Siwon, that love doesn’t change people,” Yelin’s older brother, Yesung, commented sarcastically. He was apparently disgusted by how mushy his sister had become ever since she started dating the boyfriend. That guy was taking away the soul of his sister, turning her from a laid-back kid to a demure lady, and Yesung didn’t like it. In fact, he did not like Yelin with anyone else except for Siwon. In his mind, only Choi Siwon fit to be his sister’s boyfriend. He often found it a pity that the two remained as friends after so many years.


“Shut up oppa.” Yelin snapped, strangely making Yesung delighted. He was glad that her sister had not lost her temper to the guy.


“Isn’t this cute?” Yelin exclaimed again as she pointed to the fish drawn by her boyfriend on the photos. “He’s such an awesome artist!”


Siwon could only nod his head in agreement and act interested in the neoprints. He should be contented if Yelin’s happy, or so he deceived himself.

I don’t want to have her
I don’t want to be greedy
I just want to love her
Only the tears that fill my eyes know
That person is you

Dark clouds gathered together to cast a big shadow on earth. Passer-bys hurried their way home or quickened their pace in search of a shelter. Not long after the street became empty it started pouring.


Siwon leant his back against the chair, the exact same position he took three weeks ago. The girl sitting opposite him was the exact same person who poured out her love problems to him in less than a month ago. However, the girl was no longer fretting over how her boyfriend might despise her. She was crying over the recent break-up with her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend to be more specific.


Siwon kept his mouth shut while she wiped away her tears with a piece of tissue paper. It felt so unethical to be gloating over someone’s sad story but Siwon could not help feeling elated when she broke the news to him.


“He said that he’s not the one for me. He told me to look for my true love…” Her voice trembled from the sobs, “and then he left! He even told me that I’m not alone! How can I not be alone when he’s left me??”


“You are not,” the man finally spoke. “You have me.”


Yelin looked up and stared at her friend whose angelic smile assured her of his existence. It was true. She had him who would never leave her no matter what happened. He was always there when she needed a shoulder to lie on, a listening ear to take in all her grumbles, or an arm to bite on when she was angry. He had been beside her all along, why hadn’t she realized his significance?


“Yelin, this is a confession.” It was the first time Yelin had seen Siwon blushed so madly. It was weird, how she used to dismiss the word “cute” whenever she saw Siwon’s shy expression. The flush on his face oddly brought a smile to her face.


“This is my confession to you, Yelin,” Siwon grew worried when the girl did not respond. “I’ve liked you all along. Please give me a chance to take care of you. I promise you’ll never be alone.”


The solemn Siwon eventually earned Yelin’s laughter as she nodded her head as a form of reply, her eyes still glistening with the tears she’s shed for another guy. His hand reached out to brush away the teardrops. “You shouldn’t be crying now.”


“No, they are tears of joy.” Yelin smiled as she held onto the hand on her face.

Can you hear my tears filled up in my eyes say?


That person is you

.

On a side note... I listened to the song when I wrote the fic and it naturally became one of my favorites. Do check out Lee Eun Mi's I have a lover! She's got an amazing voice(: